Home Tags Congess

TRS and Cong locked in keen contest in Maheswaram segment


TRS candidate Teegala Krishna Reddy is facing Congress nominee Sabitha Indra Reddy in Maheswaram assembly segment on the outskirts of Hyderabad city. Both the candidates are worried whom will suffer the most because of the BJP candidate Sriramulu Yadav who is all set to split votes of both the main parties. The residents of colonies will be the deciding factor in winning chances of contestants eventually.

The villagers constitute 40 per cent in the segment while the 400-odd residential colonies will form the remaining 60 per cent of the electorate. In terms of field level strengths, the TRS and Congress are equally placed. Being the ruling party, TRS hopes to make some gains by campaigning about the developmental activities taken up in the past four and half years. The ruling party has worked well in developing amenities in fast developing colonies there.

Teegala Krishna Reddy is well known as a senior leader and he local status is seen as a fetching point for him. But there is also unhappiness in some sections that he has failed to bring enough funds for developing the segment as a whole. The well known Balapur Ganesh laddu event takes place in this segment limits. The ruling party has promised to develop Pharma City in this segment limits. Though the non-local tag is causing some problems, Congress candidate Sabitha is considered a strong contestant because of her coming from a long established political family. There is also a campaign that she will become minister if Prajakutami comes to power. The alliance parties are trying hard to persuade the local leaders to become united and ensure victory of Sabitha.

Telugu360 is always open for the best and bright journalists. If you are interested in full-time or freelance, email us at Krishna@telugu360.com.



[X] Close
[X] Close