Andhra Pradesh government is planning an out ring road (ORR) around new capital Amaravati. Today, in review meeting the officials from Roads and Buildings department in his camp office in Vijayawada, chief minister Chandrababu Naidu announced this. He said improving the road connectivity and the quality of the roas was his priority.
1. Construction of 180 km Amaravati outer ring road (ORR) will be taken up at a cost of Rs 20,000 crore
2. The CM asked the officials to make entire road network in Andhra Pradesh pothole-free by January 31, 2016.
3. He asked the officials to start work on the laying of 788 km new roads in the state in new financial year. The cost of the works is Rs 8,000 crore.
4. A 413 km long National Highway will be built from Tadipatri (Anantapur district)- Tokkapalli-Narsaraopet- Guntur. ( NH 544 D)
5. Another National Highway of 125 km will be laid between Kurnool-Nandikotkur- Atmakur-Dhornal (NH 340 C)
6. National Highway No 16 will be realigned between Anandapuram and Rajahmundry in an extent of 130 km.
Chief minister Naidu instructed the official that the Durga Gudi flyover in Vijayawada should be completed before the commencement of Krishna Puskharalu slated in next year. He also asked the officials to review the works on roads on day-to-day basis. In tune with the state government’s policy of paperless governance, the CM said, all the information about the roads in Andhra Pradesh should be digitized.
He instructed the official to start negotiations with the World Bank , Japan International Cooperation Agency to get the financial assistance for the development and improvement of road network in the state.