Telangana new municipal minister K T Ramarao today announced an ambitious 100-day action plan for the development of Hyderabad city.
The Action Plan was prepared incorporating many of the promises chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao and KTR himself gave to the people during campaign to the GHMC elections. The campaign was led by KTR.
Ramarao, who has been entrusted with the responsibilities of Municipal Administration and Urban Development, following landslide victory in GHMC polls, said addressing the people’s grievances would be the top priority and an app and a portal would be created for the complaints. Ramarao said the city would soon have 40 model markets at various places. They would be constructed at a cost of Rs 28 crore. The GHMC , he said, would construct a 25 km cycle track with world-class standards.
To enhance the employability of youth in Hyderabad, GHMC would start skill development programs in a big way. The other important items incorporated in the action plan are:
1. Cleaning of Hussain Sagar Lake will be taken up in three phases
2. Establishing 20 parks in various colonies and setting up 150 gyms
4. All applications pending under LRS and BRS schemes
5. speedy collection of garbage
6. Release of 32,000 new tap connections
7. completion of the pending reservoirs in Hyderabad
8. Rs 100 crore assistance to women’s groups
9. All on-line clearance for constructions in 30 days