1. The Seed Capital Area Master Plan is for an area of 16.9 sq. kms, on the northern portion of the Capital City. The Seed Capital would be developed in overall 5 phases.
2. The Seed Capital Area is planned for about 3 lakh residents. Being developed as a vibrant business hub, a total of about 7 lakh jobs are expected to be created in various sectors including government jobs.
3. The Seed Capital Area aspiration is to create a thriving state of the art Central Business District (CBD) for business and living.
4. The iconic developments will include state-of-the-art government complex, city gateway, cultural centre, convention centre etc. The various zones would comprise of central business district, residential townships, institutions, parks and gardens, water bodies, recreational spaces, water front etc.
5. In line with the Capital City, the Seed Capital Area is planned on transit oriented development principles. To provide and enhance mobility and accessibility to the citizens, the master plan provides a transport hierarchy that comprises of an integrated network of metro rail network of about 12 kms, bus rapid transit of about 15 kms, downtown road of about 7 km, arterial roads and sub-arterial roads of about 26 kms and collector roads of about 53 kms, with varying broad right-of-ways.
6. Special emphasis has been laid to enhance development of extensive walkways and pedestrianisation interlinked with open and green spaces with a blue and green network of more than 25 kms to promote walk-to-work environment and non-motorised transport.
7. The Seed Capital Area master plan provisions for waste management systems that would enable innovative methods for waste collection, transportation, treatment and resource recovery such as Waste-to-Energy, thereby creating a resourceful, safe and healthy city.
8. The Seed capital conserves more than 40% of the green areas and the blue areas in the seed capital sprawl over 50% of the Seed Capital.
9. The Seed Capital Area development will be implemented on Public Private Partnership by selecting Job Creation and Investment Partne