Sai Pallavi, the beautiful Malayali girl who cast a spell in her native land with ‘Premam’, has made a relatively bigger impact on Telugu audiences with ‘Fidaa’.
Here is the summary of Pallavi’s chit-chat with Telugu360.com
* What is the secret of getting into the skin of Bhanumathi’s character so easily and so effectively?
First of all, I want to thank audiences from the bottom of my heart for such a warm reception for me in the Telugu film industry. After Premam was released, people started calling me ‘Malar’. I thought I wouldn’t get such impactful character again but I feel blessed to have got Fidaa. I believed in Sekhar sir’s script and did what I could for my part.
* Were you confident of pulling off Bhanumathi character when you heard the narration?
I was skeptical at first as the character is very chirpy and straightforward. Sekhar sir however convinced me.
* How did you master the Telangana accent?
I learnt Telangana accent specially for Fidaa. For me, Telugu language is nothing but Telangana accent. I am using some of my dialogues from Fidaa even on the sets of my new films.
* Your dialogues have received huge response in theatres
– Yes, I have watched Fidaa in a theatre. I was pleasantly surprised by the huge response. In fact, at one point, I started believing that people were celebrating my performance but I was informed later that it was the power of Pawan Kalyan’s references.
* Have you seen Pawan Kalyan’s films?
– I saw Gabbar Singh, I liked it a lot.
* Were there any uncomfortable moments in the Set?
Not one. But, there was a scene which made me feel embarrassed. Generally, I can’t stay awake post 10 in the night. We had to film a scene after 10 and I took several takes to finish that scene.
* Why did you turn down the offer to act in Premam remake?
– In fact, I wasn’t offered the remake, it was just a rumor. However, I believe that acting in remakes is very tough as recreating the magic of original is impossible.
* Working Experience with Varun Tej?
– He is a very comfortable co-star. He excelled with his subtle acting in Fidaa.
* About your role in MCA
– Its the character of a middle class girl. I feel that it will be another memorable film for me just like Premam and Fidaa.
* How was Sekhar Kammula’s working style?
– He has his unique style. He gave me full freedom in the sets. Whenever he calls me ‘Sai Pallavi’, I used to argue with him and ask him to call me as ‘Bhanumathi’ reasoning that he first have to believe in his heroine’s character. Later, he used to call me ‘Bhanumathi’ only.
* Will you continuously do films from now?
– I don’t like to act in multiple films at once, I am doing one by one at the moment. My aim is to become a doctor and I will surely become one day. I will do as many as films as I can in the meanwhile.